SLIDER

HEY GIRL, HEY!

Thanks for stopping by! Here on BECOMING LOLA I share stories on becoming minimalist, as well as living a pure clean life as a style-obsessed digital nomad with a no BS approach to ethical fashion + travel. Grab a glass of wine and start here: Building A Minimalist Wardrobe.

SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A POST!

Day 5: Getting Clean And The Truth About Detox Juicing

lilliemagazinedetoxjuicingcleanse


Okay, okay. I missed Day 4 yesterday. Sue me! To be honest, I had no dire green living needs to address. But the irony is not lost on me. This is the whole point: everyday there are choices that can be made more green, we just have to acknowledge them. Did you wipe your butt yesterday? I bet you did! So make sure you're using a nice cuddly brand of recycled tissue paper instead of the brand that has a cuddly bear on national commercials (you know the one...the same tissue paper that is destroying habitats for bears around the world..duh). Or maybe you decided to go to sleep, you know, the way humans usually do at the end of each day. Well, sheets are a popular cause for skin irritation and breathing problems, not to mention our highly toxic comfy mattresses that slowly kill us in the night. So yes, I did think yesterday was just another day, but as I look around, there are simple things I could be doing differently. It's not about eco-perfection, its just about choice.


Today though, I want to talk about food. My favorite subject! At Lillie Magazine there is no shortage of gorgeous recipe editorials. But I rarely find myself in the mood to cook every night, and that can lead to fast food mistakes, binging, and one too many peanut butter chocolate sandwiches (hello Wednesday!). So it's time to refresh and I have just the thing for you! A little weekend fixer upper where you can start small yet see big results. I did it last week and it was fabulous. It's a Reboot Your Booty weekend cleanse by Tracy Lee Jones that has some killer vegan and vegetarian recipes (well they need adaptations, I didn't agree with all her choices) so you can feel fantastic by Monday. Let me know how it goes! Download here: Reboot Your Booty SpecialWeekendEdition




A note about detoxing though: there are tons of articles and books out there that are full of crap. Seriously, FULL OF CRAP. Juicing is no better for you than eating a Snickers bar a day to keep the doctor away. If you think getting rid of your daily fiber is the key to all inner beauty woes, you're sadly mistaken. So I highly recommend checking out Clean by Alejandro Junger. It is literally the only thing I have ever thanked Gwenyth Paltrow for, she introduced me to him (for some reason I am strangely connected to that woman). Below is a cute video to get you acquainted. Yes, yes, he has blown up since releasing the book and it seems like another over hyped celeb-status-cult-following-New York Times-bestselling situation. The hype is worth it this time. You can thank me later.




 

How do you stay clean? No, not in a drug abuse way silly!

2 comments

  1. May just try out the detox...I love detoxes far too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try it Peta! Get the book, we can read it and start a detox together. I love cleanses too :)

    ReplyDelete

© Beconing Lola • by Maira G.