MEATLESS MONDAY: rainbow chard & pasta
- 1 medium bowl differently colored rainbow chard
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp. rosemary needles, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 tsp. acacia honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch Maldon sea salt
- Spaghetti or any other pasta, cooked
- Handful black olives, pitted, minced
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Wash and clean the chard. Separate the leaves from the stems. Slice the stems in 2cm large pieces and do the same with the leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic slices and fry for 2 minutes, until golden. Remove and place on some paper towel to soak up the excess olive oil.
- Sautee the stems in the frying pan with the olive oil, adding the rosemary, chili, honey and salt, for about 3 minutes, until softened. Then add the chard leaves as well. Cook until soft.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta of your liking. Drain and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. If you can, add a bit of the pasta cooking water to the chard pan.
- Put the garlic back to the chard pan, add the lemon juice and season with more salt or pepper to taste. If you are adding no pasta, stop here, and serve the chard as a side dish.
- If you want to make a whole meal out of it, continue by adding the tomato halves and the olives to the pan, stir to heat through. Combine the chard with the pasta.