I totally made an alluring balsamic reduction that was drizzled (unsuccessfully mind you) over the top of this and can't remember how I did it. Will be back in a jiffy with full post update!
ASPARAGUS GOAT CHEESE TART
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups organic goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 pounds medium asparagus
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction, to serve
- flour, for work surface
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell (I started with one piece as a measure, and cut all others to the size of the first piece). Arrange in a single layer over cheese, alternating ends and tips if you wish or in the same way as I did. Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.