Popping in for a minute to post this recipe I made for lunch today as part of my farm girl diet (yes, I'm still farming...but oh how my body aches). Its another six ingredient beauty. So simple, yet refreshingly delicious. And yes, this was my first time eating radishes as you already know from last week. The verdict? I don't have enough balls to eat them raw (they are like the love child of garlic and red onions, so a tad too spicy for my tastes) but roasted with the companion of a sweet fruit...oh it was heavenly. Let me know what you think!
ROASTED RADISH AND APPLE SALAD
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 2 organic apples
- 12 organic radishes
- 2 tbsp organic mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook your brown rice normally, about 35 minutes.
- Chop apples into bit sized pieces and radishes into quarters. In an ovenproof pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add apples and radishes and toss to coat with the olive oil. Cook for a few minutes before moving the pan into the oven.
- Roast the apples and radishes for 25-30 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove from oven and stir in mustard, mint, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and serve over brown rice.