SLIDER

HEY GIRL, HEY!

Thanks for stopping by! Here on the FEMMEBOSS we share stories on becoming minimalist, as well as overcoming "invisible illness" in a digital age, plus a no BS approach to ethical style + travel. Grab a glass of wine and start here: I Need New Female Friends.

SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A POST!

RECIPE: garlic scape pesto with fusili

Hey, did you hear? I'm a farmer. An organic farmer. Still! I'm officially ten days in and I have never been in more pain and more bliss all at the same time. This week, I've probably learned more about food and good 'ol fashion hard work than any over-priced culinary school could ever teach me. Since Monday we took to harvesting radishes, scallions, and garlic scapes. The latter, I have never seen or heard of before coming to work at this here farm. Its amazing the variety of edible plants we have in this world, and the supermarkets do nothing to enlighten us to them. But no worries, I'm here to your rescue as always (or maybe you're a bit more ahead of the times than I....already in the know about this finicky curly garlic plant). 

After harvesting yesterday, we threw around a few ideas. Soup came to mind, but it is a hot spring here in the northern country. So pesto seemed like a fitting spring cum summer option. And let me just say, if you love garlic as much as I have come to love garlic, you will die for this pesto. No wait, you would kill for this pesto. It's so good that it became addictive. To the point where I was seeking any way to get my fix; spreading it on apple slices as early as 10am. Yeah, my breath was poppin. But no more words. Let's cook! Ohhh, right. See, about the pasta. Did I mention how insanely delicious this pesto is? So yeah, the whole taking pictures of the garlicky pasta versus eating it like there was no tomorrow...hmm, well clearly you can see where I am going with this. Don't fret, this will surely be made again soon.
GARLIC PESTO & FUSILI
made by my fellow farming gourmand, Jeff Lord


INGREDIENTS

  • 8 garlic scapes, roughly chopped
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste

METHOD

  1. Put everything in food processor and pulse until creamy.
  2. To use for dinner, cook fusili pasta according to package directions. Drain. Mix with desired amount of pesto until liberally coated (don't worry, it won't be too garlicky!). We actually quadrupled this recipe, so we made the whole pound package of pasta and mixed in one cup. Do you what you like.
  3. Enjoy!

1 comment

  1. how exciting!! love this idea since I'm not a huge fan of regular pestos. I cannot wait to test!!

    ReplyDelete

© Beconing Lola • by Maira G.