SLIDER

HEY GIRL, HEY!

Thanks for stopping by! Here on the FEMMEBOSS we share stories on becoming minimalist, as well as overcoming "invisible illness" in a digital age, plus a no BS approach to ethical style + travel. Grab a glass of wine and start here: I Need New Female Friends.

SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A POST!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: an earth day photo story

Want to know a secret? I've been journaling lately. A habit that's had a decade long hiatus since my teenage years. But not just any kind of journal, a gratitude journal. I couldn't pass up the chance to support a small artist that did a limited edition collection of hand-bound journals for Squam. The collection featured one serene beachfront view, a starry galaxy, and baby mushrooms poking their fuzzy heads from the soil. Needless to say I bought all three and saved two for gifts later on. So there I sit, each night before bed, journaling about all that I am grateful for. It doesn't take religion, or rebellion, or even political policy to sometimes feel grateful for so much that the ground and sky provides us. So what have you been feeling grateful for lately? Is it that perfectly shady tree you call your secret spot, or campfires under the warm summer sun, or the clean taste of grass-fed beefy hamburgers that your dad grills just for you? Don't be shy, a lucky commenter might just receive one beautiful journal I have as a giveaway. Happy Earth Day.















To enter my humble little Earth Day giveaway, simply comment below. To see the prize, click the link above.

images here, here, here, here, here, here, and here

9 comments

  1. why thank you for this giveaway. i've been finding myself journaling a lot lately, too :)
    sophie
    princessrhyme.blogspot.com
    sopholles@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately, I've been grateful for my amazing husband and my lovely family. Couldn't live without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been grateful to see some of this beautiful world and meet the kind, generous and happy people who live in it- despite what their economic status might be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily stresses of life. I have been dedicating time every day to reflect on what I am grateful for. My husband, who I can count on for love and laughs every day, is always at the top of my list, as well as my friends who make me feel like a part of their lives, even though I now live 1,200 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much to be grateful for. what a refreshing post! I am grateful for flowers and sunshine so much beauty in all of nature. I should really start journaling again. I am lately so grateful for my wonderful family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing idea! I'm in my first year of college right now and sometimes I get so caught up in looking into the future that I completely miss out on what's going on today. More people should have journals like these!

    email: sapir0321@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely photos to celebrate earth day! I especially love the mushroom ones.
    You know, I seem to only write in a journal when life is hard. The last time was when my fiance (then boyfriend) was living in Australia for 4.5 months. I haven't written since. But I really need to write when life is GOOD. Because that's what I want to read back on when I'm an old lady sipping tea on my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so beautiful. I wrote about being scared to start a journal (I am really trying to get over that! Haha.), but I think a gratitude journal would be such a lovely idea. Just start the day that you get the journal & write something every day. Doesn't necessarily have to be anything huge. So lovely.

    I'm grateful for lovely blogs, like yours! I'm constantly getting inspired after reading new blog posts from wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through tumblr. The very first photo was linked back here and oh, how grateful I am for finding you.

    ReplyDelete

© Beconing Lola • by Maira G.