Don't quote me on this, but I will try to get my lazy derriere out of bed tomorrow and make breakfast. I have been feeling tangy lately. Maybe a lemon blueberry bread will do the trick, now that I've crowned myself queen of the quickbreads. But just one hiccup I need help with. What on Earth do you spread over a quickbread that already packs a ton of flavor? Lemon curd...no...jam, not sure. A honey concoction of some sort? Hmmmm.
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
- 1/2 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs grated lemon zest
- confectioners sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla. Beat in sour cream on a lower setting a half a cup at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. In a small bowl, mix the blueberries with the lemon zest. Fold in the fruit mixture to the batter.
- Pour batter into a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan. Bake in oven 1 hour or until done. Cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack. Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.