RECIPE: lemon blueberry loaf

Oct 27, 2011

Don't quote me on this, but I will try to get my lazy derriere out of bed tomorrow and make breakfast. I have been feeling tangy lately. Maybe a lemon blueberry bread will do the trick, now that I've crowned myself queen of the quickbreads. But just one hiccup I need help with. What on Earth do you spread over a quickbread that already packs a ton of flavor? Lemon curd...no...jam, not sure. A honey concoction of some sort? Hmmmm.


LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup salted butter (room temperature)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 tbs grated lemon zest
  • confectioners sugar, for dusting (optional)

METHOD:

  1. Preheat oven to 350*F
  2. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Then add vanilla.  Beat in sour cream on a lower setting a half a cup at a time.  In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together.  Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture.  In a small bowl, mix the blueberries with the lemon zest.  Fold in the fruit mixture to the batter.  
  3. Pour batter into a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.  Bake in oven 1 hour or until done.  Cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack.  Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man. This looks so delicious. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I see each and every comment I receive and try to respond to all my lovely readers. Thanks so much for taking a moment to drop a note. Conversation and community are two of my favorite things. But please leave out the spammy links to your blog and giveaways. Come again soon, mmkay!

xoxo
Leti