SLIDER

HEY GIRL, HEY!

Thanks for stopping by! Here on the FEMMEBOSS we share stories on becoming minimalist, as well as overcoming "invisible illness" in a digital age, plus a no BS approach to ethical style + travel. Grab a glass of wine and start here: I Need New Female Friends.

SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A POST!

SPOTTED new mag where women cook...

There is a new magazine in town, and by the looks of it and the whispers on the street, shes not playing around. Her name is Where Women Cook and I found her thanks to Allison of Dolce Confections, who, (if you follow me on Twitter you know) I met up with yesterday afternoon for high tea and scones at Alice's Tea Cup here in Manhattan. Don't get all huffy, a full bakery review and story about our lovely afternoon coming Monday. In the meantime, you can still get to know Allison on your own. She's long had a home on my sidebar. Ever since discovering her blog around the time I first launched mine, I knew she was a girl after my own food loving heart. She had a passion, went for it, and never looked back. Luckily, this means she keeps an ear out for fabulous foodie events, and when Where Women Cook announced they were throwing a magazine launch party at my favorite spot ever (Chelsea Market people!) she was there like white on rice. I prefer butter on rice, but you get the picture. Allison attended the little shin dig, and as she told me the enviable account, I did very well masking my jealousy. I mean she got to meet The Pioneer Woman for goodness sakes. Anddd have a picture taken with her! Ugh, kill me now. Death by chocolate, oh yes! But I digress. Go see her lovely post about the event here. The two images above are courtesy of her blog, and the funniest part...well, Amy of Amy's Bread is my former boss. Yup, I'm a bonafide bakery worker alum. Those days were filled to the brim with free daily baguettes, pink frosted cupcake lunches, and southern biscuits with jam if I got to work early. Ah, I'm hungry now. Okay off to go spy on some food, but do yourself a favor will ya. Check out WWC and get yourself a copy. Its only fifteen bucks for a quarterly. I've already added it to my wish list! What are your fave foodie mags by the way? In case I do get the twenty Barnes and Noble gift cards I specifically threatened my family to send me for Xmas, I'll need to know what to buy. Hehe.
xoxo

images of Where Women Cook premiere issue

4 comments

  1. very cute and creative!

    happy holidays!

    entered my little Giveaway!

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-lanvin-h.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I saw that magazine the other day at Barnes&Noble and I totally almost bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very, very well masking your jealousy! I hope everyone enjoys this new magazine - I keep flipping through it to look at the fabulous kitchens! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magazine looks great!!
    xx

    Emy

    http://sweetpromises.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beconing Lola • by Maira G.