SLIDER

HEY GIRL, HEY!

Thanks for stopping by! Here on BECOMING LOLA I share stories on becoming minimalist, as well as living a pure clean life as a style-obsessed digital nomad with a no BS approach to ethical fashion + travel. Grab a glass of wine and start here: Building A Minimalist Wardrobe.

SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A POST!

fly away with me

I've been so antsy pantsy this week; I don't know what it is. All I know is I want to get away. As far as the sky travels, that's where I'll be. And this past weekend, had I not been broke beyond belief, I would have been living it up in San Francisco for the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival. Oh well. There's always next year. I guess. But doesn't change the fact that I want to go to all these places that I dream of so often, all the while consuming me like a disease. San Francisco. Paris. Sydney. Venice. What a life that would be. So its my absolute mission to find out how I can live free...fly like a bird...and take off without a worry in the world like so many others do. All I need is money, that's what runs this life we live. Cupcakes can make me money right? Maybe a little RV all spruced up trudging along from coast to coast selling ice cream and sweets! A shot in the dark, I know. There must be a secret to it, and I want to find it out. Until then, I'll just keep my collection of dream journals and wish boxes growing...

What about you?


"And maybe someday we'll figure all this out...and maybe someday we'll live our lives out loud." - Rob Thomas, Someday


xoxo


14 comments

  1. Same here! I'm saving up so I can go to Paris a couple of weeks next summer. This 'not buying everything in sight'-business is harder than I thought it would be! Well, if I do manage to save up my money, you're more than welcome to come stay at my Parisian rental apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find the secret, do share. I'm on that same mission. Until, the secret is discovered, though, I'll just have to work to save money. :/

    :o)Sarah
    http://restlessromantic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my plan to, baking and selling cupcakes and my crafts to fund me whilst I'm on my travels <3

    It's definitely doable! I'm currently doing the extended vacation thing till I can pluck up enough courage to make that eventual big move abroad it's been a great experience and warm up and taught me so much. It's also kinda made me wish I didn't think so much about it and just did it because following your dreams is not as hard as you think.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. money is so dumb. it's so hard to save. i can't seem to do it for the life of me. but i'm hoping to save enough money to go to paris for a week or so after i graduate college in about a year and a half. i think that sounds like a reasonable goal. :)

    anyway, i love all of the pictures you always post. where do you find them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah same here, there are so many places I dream of visiting. Sometimes I wish i could be more carefree...just turn up at the airport, buy a ticket and go from there!

    Love the journals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! I wanted to go to the FB festival too but I don't have money and I'm way too busy at the moment. We're totally going next year! ha :)
    Plenty of time to sell cupcakes until then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God, I love this post!.. I feel the same way - I'm broke because of my dream. Besides money, doing what you love is essential. And I wish I could travel and feel free once again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely in the same boat. It seems so unfair to be chained to 9-5 jobs, and yet I'm almost paralyzed with fear to abandon the corporate safety net! *sigh* Always good to know I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paris is so lovely. I am in love with the city. The truck idea doesn't sound too bad.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah jealous of your travels! sounds amazing.


    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I loved Paris! I can't wait to go back!

    xo Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am totally with you. dreaming - not being able to do things. something always keeps me from doing it. i mean, it's not really only a question of money. it's more like a question of priorities. and: to be happy - and to concentrate on all the things that you have instead of don't have... we don't always succeed, but we have to think positive and embrace life, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here! Trying to save up to get more travelling in. Your journals are so cute!
    www.eatenjoylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Samantha, ahh no need to be jealous of me when you're the one off to our hometown of New York! I miss it so much. Hope you post about it. :)

    @Kayla, omg you already went to Paris? Lucky you! How was it?

    @Scarlett, I agree. You said it perfectly. Maybe you should have written the post instead of me haha

    @Helen, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

© Beconing Lola • by Maira G.