classic peanut butter & jelly (too boring? yeah too boring. hmmm)
nutella and banana
pulled pork with lime and ____
avacado puree with something (perfectly refreshing for the summer heat, and twist on guacamole)
need more ideas! unique, fresh, summer produce
Fresh Fruit Skewers
pineapple, kiwi, chocolate strawberries, and melon from a farmer's market
new and beloved cotton candy cupcakes
hot chocolate cupcakes
hmm, what else says summer Floridian cupcake?
ohh! look up recipes in Pamela Clark's book
Fresh squeezed lemonade with strawberry puree and seltzer sparkle
use Tastespotting for more summer-friendly ideas (like hibiscus mint granita with rum)
Tea & Minis
green tea coolers
(too hot for classic black teas, need alternatives)
pain au chocolat cinnamon rolls
Celebrate summer outdoors in a place cool enough to indulge buffet style...
- Bill Baggs Cape in Key Biscayne island?
- Crandon Park, also in Key Biscayne but there are carousels! Ahh nostalgia...
- Halouver Beach Park?
- Newly renewed, redesigned and renovated South Pointe Park in South Beach. Watch the cruise ships pass by during sunset while eating scones and jam, why yes, yes I shall!
- Cottage rental?
- Boat rental?
Make the table a rhapsody in pink and white (lace! doilies!)
At each place setting…
- A luminous play on the eyes, making use of summery bright pastel color schemes from sunshine yellow lemons to bubble gum pink straws. Bell jars will hold sweet and tangy lemonades and punch while small mason jars are perfect for the alcoholic elixirs. (Note: Dujour Magazine has a great recipe for strawberry ice cubes as well!)
- Head to bargain fabric shops for pastel floral scraps for the making of a perfectly pretty table runner.
- Flea markets or garage sales are sure to have doilies I can use for place mats.
- Florals...oh florals. Still lost there. Definitely sunflowers! Make use of mugs for arrangements, or a floating petal bowl as a centerpiece.